Rotary Vial Labeling and Inspection Systems
The function of our innovative, multi-purpose Rotary Vial Labeling and Inspection System is not only to Print and Apply labels onto vials, but also to perform multi-point inspections that verify 100% accuracy of the product.
The process begins with vials being fed into the machine from trays or from an infeed conveyor. An Arca Labeling System prints a product lot number and expiration date on the label. A vision system then inspects the label for accuracy of the printed data as well as the accuracy of the pre-printed bar code or data matrix. The label is then applied and immediately re-inspected for label presence as well as color band or cap. Any rejected vials are unloaded into a locked reject bin, while accepted vials are loaded into trays to a predetermined count or in the case of continuous flow, sent downstream to the next process.
Features of our Rotary Vial Labeling and Inspection Systems:
- Handles vials / ampoules ranging from 1ml (~6.5mm dia) to 150 mL (~55mm dia) and up to 100mm high.
- Up to 200 vials per minute depending on vial size.
- 100% accurate count system.
- Servo driven rotary indexer.
- Compact machine footprint.
- Quick changeover for different sized vials.
- Print engine for date and lot code can be specified by customer for in-house compatibility.
- Inspection system for 100% good product only.
- Vision inspection system verifies:
- Pre-printed 1D & 2D bar code
- Date and lot code
- Label presence
- Color cap / color band
- Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC platform.
- Allen Bradley PanelView Plus HMI.
- Lockable reject bin.
- Operator assisted tray-in, tray-out systems.
- Automatic inline systems for constant flow.
- Single operator for tray type systems – no operator for inline systems.
- All FDA compliant materials.
- Can input to serialization data collection system.
- Entirely customizable per your specific requirements